The living room is an extremely important local furnishing of a house. And 'the central point of our house, where we spend our time along with the other inhabitants of the house, where we relax to read a book or watch television and where we stop to chat. Also, it is the room where usually receive our guests and who fills the role of "local representative" to the outside.
For these reasons, the decor of the living room is extremely important and should be organized on the basis of the atmosphere we want to create in our home and in the style of furniture that we chose. In this sense, the decoration of the walls plays a key role. As we all know, the images have a very strong expressive power and capture the attention of visitors more than just a piece of furniture or a rug. For this reason, often a wrong picture can give a negative feeling to otherwise furnished rooms with great care, or, on the contrary, give a strong positive note to sparsely decorated spaces.
The typical atmosphere to recreate within this environment is inspired by peace and quiet. Then we give space to images of landscapes with the warm light of day, mountain paintings flooded out of the blue skies and lakes, at sea prints with the brilliant glow of the sun on water.
In a home that suffers from low light, with walls and furniture too dark, we can revolutionize these sensations using visually stunning paintings. Color is the ideal solution, to be used mainly in its warm colors (red, orange and yellow) and bright. The movement is another very useful feature: prints with objects or vehicles (such as cars, trains and buses) in motion can enliven the environment with their dynamism.
To find the right images for the walls of our stay, we can explore an e-commerce site that offers a selection of prints on canvasto buy our works directly online.
If the stay we want to furnish inspiration to the modern style, the images to choose should fit nicely with the rest. In this case, we can inspire us to:
- Black and white, that return a particularly refined and elegant effect
- Images with geometric lines and smooth textures, which are well suited to the characteristics of order and linearity of the modern style
- Images of objects and metal structures, as they accord with generally used in this style materials
For inspired décor instead to more classic styles, like the Romantic Provencal or Shabby Chic, the images to be selected are very different genre. For example, we can use:
- Pictures of landscapes: the countryside, hills, green meadows inspired by the colors of the French countryside of its Provencal style
- Images with objects or wooden furniture, more or less ruined, as those that are used in these styles
- romantic images with shapes of hearts, widely used in Provencal and in Shabby Chic Style
At this point, properly decorate the walls of the room may seem a very complex thing, and to be studied carefully. While it is true that there are some rules to follow to find the right balance in the general decorating style of our house, it is also true that a certain freedom of expression is what makes our style can truly be said to be "single ".