On 12 June at 17,30 pm in the “Paolo Candelori” room of the Carit foundation in Terni, the volume of Arch. Danilo Sergio Pirro "HENRY LATTES - ARCHITECT RITROVATO”Published by Gangemi Editore Rome.
The book is the result of a research on the human and professional life of Enrico Lattes, the architect who, together with Bravetti and Staderini, of the Terni master plan of 1934.
He died prematurely at the age of 30 following a road accident Enrico Lattes was originally from Pitigliano, son of Azzaria Lattes, mayor of Monte Argentario, a prominent figure in the Jewish community.
His business goes beyond national borders, when in the second half of the 20s he moved to Tripoli where he worked on the Trade Fair project. He enters keenly into the debate on the architecture of the time that pits the “progressive” rationalists and the “nationalists”, defenders of the classicist tradition of Italian culture in overseas lands.
PRESENTATION OF THE PROGRAM WILL 'SO' ARTICOLATO:
- Greetings from the authorities.
- Dott. Mario Fornaci, President Foundation CARIT
- Mayor of Terni, On Leopoldo Di Girolamo
Coordinator: Arch. Francesco Andreani - URBES Association
- Presentations by:
- Arch. Aldo Tarquini former Manager of the Urban Planning Municipality of Terni
- Prof. Arch. Giorgio Muratore - Professor of History of Contemporary Architecture at the “Valle Giulia” Faculty of Architecture - Rome
- Screening of a film on the work of the architect Lattes.
There will be: Mario and Elena Lattes