design News

Ingo Maurer enters the Foscarini creativity hub

Ingo Maurer enters the Foscarini creativity hub
Carlo Urbinati, President and Founder of Foscarini
Ingo Maurer enters the Foscarini creativity hub it has been modified: 2022-06-17 di Social Design Magazine

Foscarini strengthens its distinctive role in the field of decorative design lighting globally with the acquisition of Ingo Maurer GmbH and the precise objective of enhancing the uniqueness of the aesthetic language, guaranteeing the German brand a future development consistent with its prestigious historical identity.
The transaction provides for the acquisition by Foscarini of 90% of the shares of Ingo Maurer, with the remaining 10% which will continue to be held by Sarah Utermöhlen, daughter of the historic German designer.

Foscarini SpA e Ingo Maurer have signed an agreement for the entry of the German company into the Foscarini creativity hub in the decorative design lighting sector. The transaction provides for the acquisition by Foscarini of 90% of the shares of Ingo Maurer, with the remaining 10% which will continue to be held by Sarah Utermöhlen, daughter of the historic German designer.

Founded in 1966 by designer Ingo Maurer, the company Ingo Maurer GmbH is a brand that skilfully creates and produces lamps, spectacular unique pieces and lighting systems. Works that combine the ordinary with the extraordinary, provoke and entertain at the same time, through a fascinating tension between technique and expressiveness. All products are designed and manufactured, with original artisanal processes, in the Munich headquarters by the Ingo Maurer team and then distributed all over the world.

Strengthened by a solid global positioning, Foscarini wants to support its growth and development path, further strengthening its ability to express a multifaceted and distinctive vision in the world of decorative design lighting. Maintaining its historical identity and independent development, Ingo Maurer represents a company of excellence that will bring a new, unique and innovative point of view to the creative universe of Foscarini.

"Foscarini is positioned on the market as a global hub of creativity in the field of decorative design lighting, sum of different creative freedoms that are reflected in extremely expressive proposals with a strong personality ", said Carlo Urbinati, President and Founder of Foscarini. "With this operation we have decided to invest in the uniqueness of the Ingo Maurer brand, a brand that has always been a great inspiration for us and that we have always admired for its free gaze and creative approach. We had the opportunity to guarantee ourselves the honor and the burden of ensuring that Ingo Maurer continues to be told around the world and supporting its further development on global markets - thanks to our solid and pervasive commercial network, which counts over 2.500 retailers all over the world - with the specific desire to preserve its tradition, values ​​and expressive peculiarities ".

"After carefully evaluating all the options, my sister Claude Maurer and I decided that entering the Foscarini creativity hub was the right strategy to allow Ingo Maurer to continue to strengthen its growth path, even internationally, while preserving its tradition and founding values", commented Sarah Utermöhlen, which will continue to hold a 10% stake in the company. "Freedom, passion, charisma and poetry, the values ​​of the Foscarini brand could not be better suited to Ingo Maurer. We are convinced that Foscarini is the right company to give further impetus and development to Ingo's creative universe. Thanks to Carlo Urbinati and his team, this operation will be characterized by a fusion of artistic ideas, in which Ingo's unique light design will find further inspiration and will be able to bring his point of view to an increasing number. of markets".

In this operation, Foscarini was supported both in Italy and in Germany by the professional firm Andersen, as legal and financial advisor.

You Might Also Like

Reply