DuPont ™ Corian® launched in Europe, Middle East and Africa, the international design competition "Shape The Future Of Black" (Model the future with darker colors).
The competition is open to professionals and students in the fields of architecture, furniture, interior design, industrial design, design, decorative arts, engineering and other similar areas.
May enroll persons belonging to the categories listed below:
- students from around the world who study architecture, design, engineering, decorative arts, or similar materials, in any university or school located in a country of Europe, Middle East and Africa. Students must have completed 18 years. The competition is open to students who graduated during the 2013.
- Professionals, or people from around the world, which carry out an independent, members or employees of firms or industrial or commercial companies based in any country of Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Graduate students have the opportunity to participate in the category of professionals but can not enroll in both categories.
Participants are invited to design a solution of interior design (furniture, tables, chairs, bathroom furniture, vertical cladding, etc ...) for one of the following areas:
- residential environments (kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedroom, etc ...);
- public / commercial spaces (hotels, hospitals and medical facilities, shops, restaurants, bars, yachts, offices, airports and railway stations, museums, banks, shopping centers, cinemas, etc ...)
In such interior design solutions, DuPont ™ Corian® has to play the leading role. A students and professionals in fact, prompted the use of one or more colors blacks of DuPont ™ Corian® made with the new DeepColour ™ Technology * (Nocturne Deep, Deep Night Sky, Deep Black Quartz, Deep Anthracite).
Registration is open and projects can be submitted until June 15 2014. Winners will be contacted by DuPont in early July 2014.
(For more information and to register for a user, see the website www.deepcolour.corian.com)
The awards to the winners will be held in London on September 17 2014. The winners in the two categories (Students and Professionals) will be made by DuPont, and exhibited at the stand of DuPont ™ Corian® the fair 100% Design in London in 2014 (17-20 September). The winning projects will be promoted by DuPont through various instruments and communication channels.
The jury will be composed of experts in the world of architecture and design, industry and media from various countries of the EMEA region, and by specialists in the business of DuPont ™ Corian®. A "jury" made up of fans of the Facebook page will contribute to the process of voting.
The jury will on the proposals based on the following criteria:
- ability to deliver the best quality and the fascinating beauty of the colors blacks
- creativity and innovation behind the project
- possibility of use in everyday life
- environmental sustainability
- potential to become a commercially available product
- proper use / optimization of the properties and performance of DuPont ™ Corian®
- appropriate application of decorations and manufacturing techniques of the surface
- potential for commercial and marketing.
The DeepColour ™ Technology * (www.deepcolour.corian.com) Is a new alternative created by DuPont to meet the needs of companies, architects, designers and consumers seeking solutions for high-performance surfaces elegant, reliable and hygienic declined in dark colors.
The DeepColour ™ Technology * is an innovative production technology developed from research laboratories and development of DuPont. Creates DuPont ™ Corian® solid surfaces in dark shades can offer deeper colors, intense and durable, improved performance of resistance to deterioration, and to optimize the thermoforming operations, joining and finishing.