For the FUORISALONE 2016 the project IOricicloTUricicli now in its SEVENTH EDITION, it brings together the world of designers on a more evocative theme than ever #designornotdesign. A quote from the famous Shakespearean question to describe contemporary design is a courtly choice.
How "to be or not to be?" ... the questions this year are existential. Or is design an imprint of being? To live? To think? Is design a solution to instances of social change? Does design influence life and our choices? Design or not Design?
New solutions and unprecedented paths. New design traits, exciting new thesis ... new research and experimentation to shape the utopias ... These are some of the prerogatives of the Design brands selected for the Fuorisalone2016:
- Edilatte Gruppo Edizero Architecture of Peace: Presentation of the Biomaterials born from Italian Agriculture that becomes wonderful Architecture ... with the agricultural surpluses of Italy from the North to the South born the colors of Edilatte realized directly during Expo 2015 in collaboration with the Italian Pavilion Association of Expo.
- Lessmore: The Ecodesign Collection, a line of furniture that includes seats, tables, modular systems and furnishing accessories. All of its products - designed by Giorgio Caporaso - are united by a sustainable, unique and elegant design, with a simple but refined functionality and an ethics attentive to the environment and the future.
- ANGOLOACUTO: The design studio will propose its own conception of sustainable and innovative design within the event, presenting Tamara Blu with the modular FRIDA LIBRARY modular made with copper-colored recycled iron elements. A sort of "climbing ivy" that creates a fun and functional wall installation and FRIDA GREEN modular recycled iron elements, which become, through the addition of plexiglass and glass accessories, modules that welcome the "green" of our home . Gianfranco Coltella present with the Meduse collection, born from the recovery of glass plates, cut into small fragments, in regular shapes (squares, rectangles and triangles) suitably treated to avoid being sharp. T & T Lab propose Dorian the Cover of furniture, born from the need to recontextualize and protect antiques, through the aid of a superstructure in transparent plexiglass, which makes the furniture again usable.
- Stefano Notargiacomo: The furnishing accessory you do not expect, because it does not come from a project defined at the start, but from the research of the specific mechanical piece, around which to draw a shape that gives life to a work of art. In this way, the mechanics of cars deconstructs and recomposes itself in lamps, tables and other furnishing objects.
- The Special Bicycles: Each creation is a unique piece, designed and handmade by Gianni Speciale. Each model, with attention to the smallest details, pays homage to Italian cities. Through their bikes, all treated with ecological materials, wants to contribute to a careful and conscious lifestyle.
- Alborno | Grilz Architecture and Supplies: Some pieces of the VESSEL Collection present a line of furnishing products that are the maximum expression of dematerialization, with a simple and linear design. Painting that drastically reduces the presence of synthetic solvents, while the finish of the woods is made with natural waxes. Total recyclability of products, designed in such a way that the elements that compose them are easily identifiable and separable at the time of their disposal.
- Elmec Solar: In contemporary living, energy consumption is an increasingly important topic. In particular, the use of renewable energy sources and the optimization of the energy produced are the subject of ongoing research. Elmec Solar, a company of the Italian group Elmec of Brunello (VA) specialized in the design and installation of photovoltaic solar systems that since 2015 has also embraced the energy storage, has always been sensitive to the reduction of energy waste and emissions of pollutants. It will be present with a temporary exhibition "Green Energy - Green Living", in which an ecodesign exhibition structure is designed and designed by architect Giorgio Caporaso. The company presents some powerstorage solutions of which it is retailer, showing how the energy storage connected to renewable energy is destined to become an increasingly widespread presence in our living spaces. A tendency which, fallen into daily life, can and must meet the taste and style that most resemble us.
IOricicloTUricicli born in the 2010 to give space and visibility to new talents of the Italian design scene this year also aims the spotlight on the best of Italian production. As a well-established and successful formula, the venue of the event is always the prestigious location of the Fuorisalone circuit, the nhow milano, in via Tortona 35.
The exhibition also includes the section dedicated to the 10 winning photos of the challenge #designornotdesign realized on instagram in collaboration with YelpMilano.
#designornotdesign ... that is the question !!!