For the FUORISALONE 2016 the project IOricicloTUricicli now in its SEVENTH EDITION, it brings together the world of designers on a theme that is more evocative than ever #designornotdesign. A noble choice is the quote from the famous Shakespearean question to describe contemporary design.
Like "to be or not to be?" … The questions this year are existential. Or is design an imprint of being? To live? To think? Is design a solution to the demands of social change? Does design influence life and our choices? Design or not Design?
New solutions and unprecedented paths. New design features, new exciting theses ... new research and experiments to give shape to utopias ... These are some of the prerogatives of the Design brands selected for the Fuorisalone2016:
- Edilatte Gruppo Edizero Architecture of Peace: Presentation of the Biomaterials born from Italian Agriculture that becomes wonderful Architecture ... with the agricultural surpluses of Italy from North to South, the colors of Edilatte are born, created directly during Expo 2015 in collaboration with the Italian Pavilion Association of Expo.
- Lessmore: The Ecodesign Collection, a line of furnishings that includes seats, tables, modular systems and furnishing accessories. All its products - designed by Giorgio Caporaso - are united by a sustainable, unique and elegant design, with a simple but refined functionality and an ethic that is attentive to the environment and the future.
- ANGOLOACUTO: The design studio will propose its own concept of sustainable and innovative design within the event, presenting Tamara Blu with the modular FRIDA BOOKCASE made with copper-colored recycled iron elements. A sort of "climbing ivy" that creates a fun and functional wall installation and FRIDA GREEN modular elements in recycled iron, which become, through the addition of accessories in Plexiglas and glass, modules that welcome the "green" of our home . Gianfranco Coltella present with the Meduse collection, born from the recovery of glass slabs, cut into small fragments, in regular shapes, (squares, rectangles and triangles) suitably treated so as not to be sharp. T&T Lab propose Dorian the Furniture Cover, born from the need to recontextualize and protect antiques, through the aid of a transparent plexiglass superstructure, which makes the furniture usable again.
- Stefano Notargiacomo: The piece of furniture you do not expect, because it is not born from a project defined at the outset, but from the search for the specific mechanical piece, around which to design a shape that gives life to a work of art. In this way, the mechanics of cars are deconstructed and recomposed into lamps, tables and other furnishing objects.
- The Biciclette Speciale: Each creation is a unique piece, designed and handcrafted by Gianni Speciale. Each model, with attention to the smallest details, pays homage to Italian cities. Through his bicycles, all treated with ecological materials, he wants to contribute to a careful and conscious lifestyle.
- Alborno | Grilz Architecture and Forniture: Some pieces of the VESSEL Collection present a line of furniture products that are the maximum expression of dematerialization, with a simple and linear design. Painting that drastically reduces the presence of synthetic solvents, while the wood finish is made with natural waxes. Total recyclability of the products, designed in such a way that the elements that compose them are easily identifiable and separable at the time of their disposal.
- Elmec Solar: In contemporary living, energy consumption is an increasingly important issue. In particular, the use of renewable energy sources and the optimization of the energy produced are the subject of constantly evolving research. Elmec Solar, a company of the Italian Elmec group of Brunello (VA) specializing in the design and installation of photovoltaic solar systems which since 2015 has also embraced energy storage, has always been sensitive to the reduction of energy waste and pollutant emissions. It will be present with a temporary installation “Green Energy - Green Living”, which features an eco-design exhibition structure conceived and designed by the architect Giorgio Caporaso. The company presents some powerstorage solutions of which it is a retailer, showing how energy storage connected to renewables is destined to become an increasingly widespread presence within our living spaces. A trend that, dropped into everyday life, can and must meet the taste and style that most resembles us.
IOricicloTUricicli born in 2010 to give space and visibility to new talents of the Italian design scene, once again this year focuses on the best of Italian production. As a consolidated and successful formula, the venue for the event is always the prestigious location of the Fuorisalone circuit, the nhow milano, in via Tortona 35.
The exhibition also includes the section dedicated to the 10 winning photos of the #designornotdesign challenge created on instagram in collaboration with YelpMilano.
#designornotdesign… that is the question !!!