It is the online competition for the sixth edition of Open Design Italy, the event that allows designers, artisans, designers, artists and makers to show and sell their works without intermediation and access dedicated services.
Open Design Italy is an incubator of creativity and a business accelerator. Encourages, through b2b meetings, reserved training classes and workshops to the participants, networking between designers, companies and craftsmen of the area with the aim of promoting new forms of entrepreneurship and sustainability of the production cycle.
The event will be held at the prestigious Palladian Basilica in Vicenza, from the 10 12 2016 June. The event is organized in collaboration with CNA Vicenza - Association which brings together Craftsmen and SMEs of the province of Vicenza.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
A Open Design Italy is accessed by subscribing to the competition notice on the site www.opendesignitalia.net which allows you to enter the private area in which to load the documents required. Qualified candidates are products, not prototypes, in the following categories: product design, communication design, fashion design and interior design.
This year changes the selection format. Candidates are chosen by a selection committee by means of a casting in one of the three cities, Milan, Rome and Naples.
I selected the three best creative casting will attend the event in Vicenza.
- Milan, 14 and 15 April at the SIAM, via Santa Marta 18, during the Fuorisalone of Milan
- Rome, 28-29 April
- Napoli, 5-6 May.
The participants of the casting in one of the three cities will be selected by a committee of experts including journalists, retailers, designers, companies and local CNA executives. Each participant is asked to present in a few slide the product candidate and its own business idea.
To make this more effective step, before the casting, each participant will be provided a coaching service. And during the casting, Open Design Italy will offer a training lesson on communication and marketing.
All participants will be guaranteed visibility through social channels Open Design Italy and CNA Vicenza with the "Diary Open Design Italy".
Eligible projects are selected on the basis of typological originality and innovation, technical functionality and aesthetics and marketability in the market. As the objective of Open Design Italy facilitate business networks and the short chain, particular attention will be given to projects that show a link with the area, synergy with local manufacturers and sustainability of the production chain.
AWARDS OF OPEN ITALIAN DESIGN 2016
Creative selected by casting that access to the event in Palladian Basilica will compete for the following prizes awarded by an international jury:
- Prize CNA Vicenza: a support for the implementation of a product. The designers will be joined by a craftsman / business consultant, identified by the partners, which aids in the production up to a maximum value of EUR 3000,00
- Centostazioni prize: the three winners will have the opportunity to promote their projects in some of the selected stations in the network of 103 Centostazioni stations
- Living Award: publication of the winning project in the prestigious journal printed Living and on its web site www.living.corriere.it and a free annual subscription to the Digital Living magazine
- CNA National Award: awarded to three designers to support their participation in an international event
For more information: www.opendesignitalia.net