The competition announcement is online to participate in the sixth edition of Open Design Italia, the event that allows designers, artisans, stylists, artists and makers to show and sell their works without intermediation and access to dedicated services.
Open Design Italia is an incubator of creativity and a business accelerator. Incentive, through b2b meetings, training lessons and workshops reserved for participants, networking between designers, companies and local artisans with the aim of fostering new forms of business and the sustainability of the production cycle.
The event will be held at the prestigious Basilica Palladiana in Vicenza, from the 10 to the 12 June 2016. The event is organized in collaboration with CNA Vicenza - Association that brings together artisans and SMEs from the Province of Vicenza.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
A Open Design Italy is accessed by subscribing to the competition notice on the site www.opendesignitalia.net which allows you to enter the reserved area where you can upload the required documents. You can apply products, not prototypes, in the following categories: product design, communication design, fashion design and interior design.
This year changes the selection format. Candidates are chosen by a selection committee by means of a casting in one of the three cities, Milan, Rome and Naples.
I selected the three best creative casting will attend the event in Vicenza.
- Milan, 14 and 15 April at the SIAM, via Santa Marta 18, during the Fuorisalone of Milan
- Rome, 28-29 April
- Napoli, 5-6 May.
Casting participants in one of the three cities will be selected by a panel of experts from journalists, retailers, designers, companies and local CNA managers. Each participant is called to present in a few slides the candidate product and their own business idea.
To make this phase more effective, before the casting, each coach will be offered a coaching service. And during the casting, Open Design Italia will offer a training lesson on communication and marketing.
All participants will be guaranteed visibility through the social media channels of Open Design Italia and CNA Vicenza with the "Open Design Italy Diary".
The candidate projects are chosen on the basis of originality and typological innovation, technical and aesthetic functionality and marketability. Since Open Design Italia aims to facilitate business networks and the short supply chain, particular attention will be paid to those projects that highlight a link with the territory, synergies with local production companies and sustainability of the production chain.
AWARDS OF OPEN ITALIAN DESIGN 2016
The creators selected by the castings that access the event in Basilica Palladiana can compete for the following prizes awarded by an international jury:
- CNA Vicenza Award: support for the implementation of a product. The designer will be joined by a craftsman / company consultant, identified by the partner, who will help in the production up to a maximum value of euro 3000,00
- Centostazioni Award: the three winners will have the opportunity to promote their projects in some of the stations selected in the network of 103 Centostazioni stations
- Living Award: publication of the winning project on the prestigious printed magazine Living and on its website www.living.corriere.it and a free annual subscription to the digital magazine Living
- National CNA Award: awarded to three designers to support their participation in an international event
For more information: www.opendesignitalia.net