The competition announcement is online to participate in the sixth edition of Open Design Italia, the event that allows designers, artisans, stylists, artists and makers to show and sell their works without intermediation and access dedicated services.
Open Design Italia is a creativity incubator and business accelerator. Through b2b meetings, training lessons and workshops reserved for participants, it encourages networking between local designers, companies and artisans with the aim of promoting new forms of business and the sustainability of the production cycle.
The event will be held at the prestigious Basilica Palladiana in Vicenza, from 10 to 12 June 2016. The event is organized in collaboration with CNA Vicenza - Association that brings together craftsmen and SMEs from the Province of Vicenza.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
A Open Design Italy is accessed by subscribing to the competition notice on the site www.opendesignitalia.net which allows you to enter the reserved area where you can upload the required documents. Products, not prototypes, can be submitted in the following categories: product design, communication design, fashion design and interior design.
This year the selection format changes. Candidates are chosen by a selection committee by means of a casting in one of the three cities, Milan, Rome and Naples.
I selected the three best creative casting will attend the event in Vicenza.
- Milan, 14 and 15 April at the SIAM, via Santa Marta 18, during the Fuorisalone of Milan
- Rome, 28-29 April
- Napoli, 5-6 May.
Casting participants in one of the three cities will be selected by a committee of experts from journalists, retailers, designers, companies and local CNA executives. Each participant is asked to present the candidate product and their business idea in a few slides.
To make this phase more effective, before the casting, each participant will be provided with a coaching service. And during the casting, Open Design Italia will offer a training lesson on communication and marketing.
All participants will be guaranteed visibility through the social channels of Open Design Italia and CNA Vicenza with the “Open Design Italia Diary”.
The candidate projects are chosen on the basis of originality and typological innovation, technical and aesthetic functionality and marketability. Since it is the objective of Open Design Italia to facilitate business networks and the short supply chain, particular attention will be paid to those projects that show a link with the territory, synergies with local production realities and sustainability of the production chain.
AWARDS OF OPEN ITALIAN DESIGN 2016
The creatives selected by the castings who access the event in the Basilica Palladiana will be able to compete for the following prizes awarded by an international jury:
- CNA Vicenza Award: support for the implementation of a product. The designer will be supported by an artisan / company consultant, identified by the partner, who will help in the production up to a maximum value of € 3000,00
- Centostazioni Award: the three winners will have the opportunity to promote their projects in some of the stations selected in the network of 103 Centostazioni stations
- Living Award: publication of the winning project in the prestigious Living magazine and on its website www.living.corriere.it and a free annual subscription to the Living digital magazine
- National CNA Award: awarded to three designers to support their participation in an international event
For more information: www.opendesignitalia.net