Periodic boiler maintenance is essential for correct operation. It allows to maintain the characteristics of energy efficiency even after years of operation and to avoid any risks that could even endanger life.
The boiler overhaul is therefore important not only to obtain the desired thermal comfort, but also to guarantee the safety of the home. For ourselves, but also for those who live with us or near us.
What risks can be avoided?
As mentioned, the boiler overhaul and boiler smoke control can avoid various risks, some of which have very serious consequences, let's see what they can be:
- In appliances powered by natural gas or LPG, as in the case of boilers, gas may leak. Very dangerous as if not detected promptly, it could give rise to an explosion or intoxication.
- Failure to check boiler fumes in all appliances that burn fuels can lead to the formation of carbon monoxide in the event of malfunctions.
It can form both if the combustion burns oxygen in the house without air exchange, and from the obstruction of the smoke exhaust pipes. Carbon monoxide is a very insidious gas because it is poisonous but odorless and colorless. It is very difficult to realize that you are subject to intoxication since carbon monoxide leads to a state of progressive unconsciousness and therefore to death from anoxia.
- In the case of boilers that run on diesel or kerosene fuel can occur.
- You may experience lightning strikes, fires caused by short circuits in electrical equipment connected to the boiler.
To this list must be added other less serious risks, but also they can generate disservices or economic damage:
- The possibility that the non-overhauled boiler is not working when the cold season arrives.
- Higher operating costs due to loss of efficiency. With the right maintenance the boiler will keep its for a long time energy efficiency standards generating savings on utility bills.
- being the revision boiler and especially the Control boiler fumes compulsory and regulated by law, you run the risk of receiving even hefty fines!
It should be added that accidents always occur due to causes related to poor care of the system. Furthermore, with the periodic maintenance of the boiler, pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions are reduced.
Precisely because of the importance of the boiler overhaul and flue gas control from the point of view of safety, they are regulated by specific laws, which define the procedures and frequency.
As far as the boiler overhaul is concerned, there is no real periodicity established by law, but it is necessary to follow the prescriptions and the frequency contained in the technical instructions provided by the company that installed the system, generally every 1 or 2 years.
In the absence of specific instructions or if these are no longer available, the operations for checking and any maintenance of the appliances and devices forming part of the heating system must be carried out in compliance with the prescriptions and with the frequency contained in the technical instructions relating to the specific model. , developed by the manufacturer in accordance with current legislation.
The best time to carry out routine maintenance operations, which must be carried out by qualified companies, is between the end of spring and the beginning of summer. The season when the boilers go to rest. There is therefore plenty of time to check that everything is in order and to carry out repairs, modifications or replacements.
When it goes out the check boiler fumes?
In the case of the boiler flue gas control the legislation It establishes the frequency more precisely, although there may be differences depending on the region or the province in which you are located. In general, the periodicity is the following:
- 2 years for combustible liquid or solid thermal power plants less than or equal to 100kw
- 4 years for methane gas or LPG with power less than equal to 100kw
- 1 year for thermal plants in liquid or solid fuel with higher power 100kw
- 2 years for methane gas or LPG with power over 100kw.
Obviously, also in this case, the boiler control and maintenance operations must be carried out by qualified firms, which at the end of the overhaul operations must issue a control report to be attached to the booklet facility.