Villa Zevaco , Formerly called Villa Sami Suissa, was built in 1947 by Jean Francois Zevaco for the builder Sami Suissa and soon became a landmark building for its beauty, modernity and originality. Andy Martin Architects have approached the project with the utmost respect for the existing project
creating a series of spaces that pay homage to Zevaco and the Moroccan building tradition enriched by contemporary British design values. The most important challenge was to maintain the original structure of the building, while creating a complex that includes a restaurant, bar, boulangerie, tea house, library, gardens and terraces.
Starting with what used to be a three bedroom house, AMA have managed to create a peaceful haven away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Villa Zevaco is located at the intersection of the Boulevard d'Anfa and the seafront, which leads to Casablanca.
A new large round entrance built with a central skylight where the use of Zevaco's trademark echoes. Elements of its interior style have been enhanced to give the building a contemporary and retro front. Andy Martin Architects worked closely with landscape designers to bring plant life and running water, which plays an important part in and out of Zevaco's building, into the overall design.
More information about: www.andymartinarchitects.com