Boiler maintenance periodically is essential for proper operation. It also keeps energy efficiency characteristics and even avoids any risks that could endanger life even after years of operation.
Boiler inspection is therefore important not only to obtain the desired thermal well-being, but also to ensure the safety of the home. For ourselves, but also for those who live with us or close to us.
What risks can be avoided?
As mentioned revision boiler and control the boiler fumes may avoid various risks, some of them with very serious consequences, we see what can be:
- For devices powered by natural gas or LPG gas, as in the case of boilers, there may be a gas leak. Very dangerous because if not detected promptly, could result in an explosion or to poisoning.
- Failure to control boiler fumes, in all the appliances that burn fuels, in the case of malfunctions can lead to the formation of carbon monoxide.
It can form both if the combustion burns the oxygen in the home without air exchange, both by obstruction of the exhaust pipes of the fumes. Carbon monoxide is a very insidious poisonous gas because it is odorless and colorless. It is very difficult to realize to be subject to poisoning because carbon monoxide leads to a state of unconsciousness, and then to the progressive death by anoxia.
- In the case of boilers that run on diesel or kerosene may occur the fuel fire.
- You may experience lightning strikes, fires caused by short circuits in electrical equipment connected to the boiler.
To this list we must add less serious risk, but they can generate inefficiencies or economic damage:
- The possibility that the arrival of the cold season, the boiler is not serviced is not working.
- Higher operating costs due to loss of efficiency. With proper maintenance, the boiler will maintain its long energy efficiency standards generating savings on utility bills.
- being the revision boiler and especially the Control boiler fumes compulsory and regulated by law, You run the risk of receiving too heavy fines!
It must be added that accidents always occur from causes related to poor care system. In addition to the regular maintenance of the boiler will reduce pollutant emissions and greenhouse gases.
Precisely because of the importance in the aspect of security review and control the boiler flue gases are regulated by special laws, which define the conditions and frequency.
Regarding the revision of the boiler there is a real periodicity established by law, but we must follow the requirements and the frequency contained in the technical instructions provided by the company that installed the system, generally every 1 or 2 years.
In the absence of specific instructions or if these are not available, the control operations and eventual maintenance of the equipment and devices belonging to the heating system, must be carried out in accordance with the requirements and with the frequency of the technical instructions for the specific model , drawn up by the manufacturer in accordance with current legislation.
The best time to perform routine maintenance, which must be performed by qualified companies, is in the late spring and early summer. The season in which the boilers are placed in retirement. So there is plenty of time to make sure everything is in order and make repairs, modifications or replacements.
When it goes out the check boiler fumes?
In the case of the boiler flue gas control the legislation It establishes the frequency more precisely, although there may be differences depending on the region or the province in which you are located. In general, the periodicity is the following:
- 2 years for combustible liquid or solid thermal power plants less than or equal to 100kw
- 4 years for methane gas or LPG with power less than equal to 100kw
- 1 year for thermal plants in liquid or solid fuel with higher power 100kw
- 2 years for methane gas or LPG with power over 100kw.
Obviously even in this case the boiler control and maintenance operations must be carried out by authorized companies, which at the end of the review operations must issue a control report to be attached to the booklet facility.